Our Mission is to be a well respected, academically excellent, warm, and nurturing urban school that cultivates a diverse community of children to become lifelong learners and leaders.
What Makes Our School Special:
- Focus on the whole child: academics, health and wellness, and character.
- Our students' academic gains are some of the highest in the city, earning us Level 1 Status.
- Our math scores are among of the highest in the city and we are piloting a new and exciting math curriculum that helps students develop a deep understanding of math concepts.
- Daily enrichment block where students choose from a menu of exciting activities that extend their learning in new ways. Examples include: Mandarin, theater, Irish step dancing, yoga, Kids Cooking Green, Careers in the Community, 5th Grade Leadership Group, and Mathletes.
- Fruits and Vegetables Grant provides healthy snacks for every child, every day.
- Gymnasium with two full-time gym teachers to ensure every student has physical education class at least once per week.
- Full time science teacher with dedicated science lab and outdoor classroom. Every student participates in special science instruction in our spacious science lab once per week, Grades 4 & 5 have science twice per week.
- Expeditionary Learning curriculum in grades 3, 4, and 5.
- Students receive at least a half-year of music and a full year of visual arts and/or computers.
- Brand new state-of-the-art computer lab donated by the Boston Celtics.
- The Harvard-Kent Leadership Scholarship is an effort by local community leaders that supports our art and music programs and has provided $1,000 college scholarships to two 3rd, 4th, and 5th graders for the past eleven years.
- Read more about Our Vision.
More About Our School:
- Grades K0-5
- School day: 9:10am-4:10pm
- Uniforms: blue shirt with school emblem
- Free breakfast and lunch for all
- Fresh, hot lunch cooked and served in cafeteria offers healthy, nourishing food every day.
- Before and after school available for $25 per student per week. Before school starts at 7:45am and after school ends at 5:30pm.
- We offer a variety of programs for diverse learners, including: inclusion, general ed, Sheltered English Immersion,and programs for children with special emotional and learning needs.